Sunday, November 20, 2011

God's plan

It quite overwhelming to be here and I so appreciate your prayers. They are working to get me through this, and find God here. Hearing Michael Geilenfeld and Bill Nathan stories have been important in many ways, not the least of which is how God is at work, and the tremendous presence and grace. Michael came here with $1000, and lead the creation of 3 homes for kids. His graduates are now running these homes---and I can tell you first hand it feels like family here! Bill, now director at St. Joe's and world class drummer, among many other things, was a "restavec"--- a child slave, before he was brought here at age 8.
The people here are so pleasant, creative, hard-working (although not jobs enough).
While God is hard at work, He is showing us that He needs us to live out Jesus' resurrection with these folks. Resurrection from the rubble, bad leadership, it goes on....

Even though we have done and seen so much and it feels like we've been here months, and I miss my family dearly, I don't really want to leave in 2 days!

1 comment:

  1. We miss you too, and are so proud of your work there..Jeremiah said he felt like he should be a better Son, now that he sees what you are doing...an unusual thing for him to say, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete